The emergence of wrinkles at some point of time is inevitable, however there are many other reasons and causes that speed up the process of wrinkling and ageing of our skin. This article discusses the general insight to what steps can be taken to maintain our skin.
Many tools have been invented by dermatologists to help create a solution to this problem, be it a slight increase in the time to see them appear or find short term remedies for their disappearance.These exist in the forms of natural prescriptions from early age, prescription creams, chemical peels and major surgical treatments.
Prevention is Better than Cure
1. Avoid spending too much time in the sun.
2. Do not go excessively to tanning salons as its affect can be further deeper than the sun.
3. Quit smoking! As it leads to loss of our natural skin moisture and causes these ugly wrinkles to from.
4. Do not wash your face to much as it leads to loss of moisture. And apply a moisturizer instantly after water exposure as over dose of water leads to the skin drying out and wrinkling.
5. Some other small responsible steps that we can take to maintain the youth of our skin are:
- Excessive intake of water.
- Moisturize dry skin, especially during dry months.
- Eat healthy and carry a balanced diet.
- Always apply sunscreen before going out.
- Incorporate food that contains vitamin D into your diet.
- Wear sunglasses, as it will protect the sensitive skin around our eyes and also help from squinting in the sun
- Sleep on your back to prevent sleep lines, which can eventually turn into wrinkles.
- Stay happy, it’s unclear whether the antidepressants or the depression itself causes increased aging, but it has been found that happy people have better skin because positive and happy feelings trigger the healthy hormones and chemicals in us.
Wrinkling is as natural as breathing, wrinkling occurs partly due to the natural process of ageing, but partly due to the environmental effects. Infact, environmental and lifestyle patterns affect 70% of the wrinkles that our body form and genes contribute to only a 30%. Given these statistics, it is evident that natural remedies, wholesome diet and proven skincare products must be utilized to pace down the cycle of wrinkling.